The focus of BISS is at applying behavioural insights to intervention design. We will work in the area of vaccination and will develop several interventions to increase vaccine uptake. In BISS, PhD students and vaccination program managers from WHO member states will work and learn together.
We invite doctoral students from psychology, communication, public health or related areas to apply. Particularly we would like to encourage students from Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Greece, Israel, Italy, Montenegro and Turkey to apply – but applications from all WHO/Euro region countries are very welcome as well.
Experience or a dissertation project in the area of prevention or infectious diseases is not necessary, but helpful.
During BISS, for each PhD student there will be the chance for a consultation to discuss his or her doctoral thesis and related questions with one of the teachers. Additionally, BISS will deliver state of the art research and intervention approaches. Participants will have the chance to build a network with global professionals and other PhD students from the WHO European region.
What can you expect as a PhD Candidate?
- Gain more knowledge on research in behavioural insights with a special focus on preventing infectious diseases
- Apply knowledge and bring it to the field setting of health interventions
- Learn about the challenges of bringing ideas from the lab to the field by first-hand experience of highly skilled field professionals
- Present your PhD project to one of our teachers in a consultation session and receive constructive and inspiring feedback
- Build global professional networks
- Gain insight in possible occupational areas
Application & Requirements
Application will open in early 2020. A detailed call will be published on this page then.